This privacy notice for WISE Campaign CIC (‘Company’, ‘we’, or ‘our,), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share (‘process’) your information when you use our services (‘Services’), such as when you:
- Visit our website at https://www.wisecampaign.org.uk, or any website of ours
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
We comply with UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR) & Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (PECR). Reading through this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and how we process, share and store any personal information that we collect.
Who we are?
WISE Campaign is a registered community interest company (CIC). We are a social enterprise and membership organisation with the vision of gender balance in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) occupations.
Our contact details are: WISE Campaign, Carlton House, Grammar School Street, Bradford, BD1 4NS
Telephone: 0345 527 0889 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express and interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the services, or otherwise when you contact us.
We collect data about you in a variety of ways dependent on the nature of your relationship with us.
. We obtain data when you:
- apply for and use our products and services
- talk to us on the phone or email
- use our website and online platforms
- submit award nominations
- complete profile surveys, such as, the My Skills My Life quiz
- attend an event
- give us feedback, complete surveys, questionnaires and take part in research
- subscribe to our newsletter or other marketing communications
In some cases, we may collect limited data about you from third parties or from public sources of information. Such as public databases, social media, and other third parties.
Personal data refers to any recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified. The data collected will be dependent on the nature of your relationship with us and may include the following:
- contact details,
- date of birth,
- employment details,
- debit/ credit card numbers,
- education details,
- visual images, audio clips, filmed images,
- social media URLS, handles, profile information
- information to support your attendance at events, such as, access requirements and dietary information.
The information we may collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data
- Device Data
- Location Data
These may include your IP address, location, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity when using our services.
How do we process your personal data?
We use your personal data to provide you with information, products and services. This includes using personal data for the following reasons:
- to manage membership records and user accounts
- to facilitate delivery of our website and online platforms
- to deliver our products, services and events
- to manage nominations for awards
- to maintain records of role models and ambassadors
- to maintain our own accounts and records
- to promote our products, services and events
- to provide relevant news, updates and opportunities
- for research and benchmarking purposes
- to evaluate, determine the effectiveness of and improve our services, products, marketing, and your experience.
Sharing your data
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (‘third parties’) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do such work. We have contracts in place with our ‘third parties’ that are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means they only process relevant personal information for the purposes instructed by us, do not share your information to any other third parties, and commit to protect any data they hold on to our behalf and only retain for the period we instruct. The categories of third parties we may share information with are as follows:
- Cloud based software and services
- Training delivery companies
- Venues delivering events, training, conferences, awards, etc
- Associates and partners of WISE inc, sponsors,
- Regional Hubs and networks
- Sales and Marketing tools/ software, inc data analytics services, email marketing platforms/ social media links
- Suppliers of services for the facilitation of our websites, hosting, data storage, payments and other services to meet our contractual obligations to our members and other service users.
We will not sell your data to any third parties.
How we keep your information secure
We have implemented strict security measures that are designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss, use, alteration and unauthorised access.
Personal information is primarily processed and stored within the UK and EEA. In order for us to provide some of our products and services, some of our third-party service providers are global organisations who may securely transfer information outside of these areas to the US. Where this is the case, we ensure that there are appropriate measures and safeguards in place through (‘Standard Contractual Clauses’) to ensure that personal data is protected in accordance with Data Protection Regulations.
We retain personal information provided to us for a period relevant to the nature of the provision of our services and will not keep this longer than necessary.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), organisations can only process personal data if there is a lawful basis for doing so. The lawful bases that we rely on for processing this information is dependent on the nature of your relationship with us.
Where we have a contractual obligation
To process is necessary for us to fulfil our contractual obligations or have taken specific steps before entering a contract, this includes:
- Purchasing a WISE service or product, including initial request for quote or information. Includes paying members, partners, sponsors and all other customers.
- Individuals who work for paying member or partner organisations and are accessing membership benefits.
- Role models: individuals who have agreed to be role models
- Ambassadors, Associates carrying out work on behalf of WISE and WISE Hub members
Where we have your consent
You have given clear consent for us to process personal data for a specific purpose, this includes:
- Non-member event registrants and attendees
- Newsletter subscribers
- Marketing information subscribers, such as events, jobs and information about our other products and services
- Award Nominee’s: individuals who self-nominate
- Award Nominators: individuals who nominate another individual
Where we have a legitimate interest for processing
Processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the interests of a third party.
- Award Nominee’s who are nominated by a third party
- Referees of Award Nominee’s for verification and due diligence of award finalists
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us by email to email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Where you have provided consent to us for marketing purposes you have the right to withdraw this at any time either using the email address above or clicking on the unsubscribe link available on all marketing communications.
Queries and concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or are unhappy with how we have used your personal information, then please contact us using the details above.
The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection matters is the Information Commissioner (ICO). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the ICO.